The Office of the State Surveyor General is responsible for for carrying out the following function:
- To provide land survey services for Government. its Agencies and public in general.
- To prepare maps of the State or any part thereof necessary for economic, administrative. land use. planning, scientific research tourism. delimitation of boundaries and any other purpose
- To formulate general survey policy for Government. its Agencies and public in general
- To identity all sources of revenue on survey matters and collect same into the State coffers
- To enforce all norms relating to survey of land in the state
- To keep proper accounts and records in relation to all revenues generated
- To do all things that may be considered expendient for the effective performance of its function.